Monday, February 18, 2013

My Heart Belongs to You





As the nights grow cold
and I grow very old,
my heart will faithfully sleep.

It will always keep
its love like a clover
in a lost meadow of flowers,
until my latest hours.

Never will it die, eternity alive,
dipped in a small burial, heart of ice,
granted with your love twice,
past illusions of beautiful nights.

I will softly say your name
which will float in the horizon
entering in the heart of my life
every day and night
like a fierce lion in a fight,
or an eagle in its last flight.



It will never give up
although life seems so tough.

As this life of mine prolongs
my commitment may be
to love you even if you don't love me.

If from this life I shall depart
I’ll call your name in eternity,
for your love will endure in my heart,
even if you don’t respond.

This heart no longer belongs to me,
only in my body to remain
It will forever belong to thee,
although it suffers in sorrow and pain,
Knowing, I can’t ever be with you again.

Copyright©LF2012


No comments:

Post a Comment