Thursday, February 21, 2013

Last Words




    Last Words

Last words I speak tonight.
Should I speak or should I write
Before the world to me soon ends
birds don’t sing and flowers bend
Lucky you are here my friend.
Yes you who is listening
and don’t offend

The time has come
when Autumn comes
and all the leaves
dry in the sun

My orange heart will soon depart
with all my hopes at Autumn Park
The leaves my years that blow away
the trees the ones who will still stay

The ground my soul so very cold
and all I want in deep deep holes
The sun the one who cheers me up
the coffee I drink in my cracked cup

I now depart
 with all my heart
as Autumn leaves
drift in soft breeze
And you my friend
the one who heard
all that I felt
in my last words
©LyndaFerrer/2013







No comments:

Post a Comment